Tuesday, December 22, 2015

certain expectations


I have been away from tummy mountain for almost two months and I am very glad to be home. The grass has grown and I think if we had a sheep that may be a good thing. We have had a sheep come to visit, but never stay and eat all that long grass. I suppose it is rude to impose on a guest all that food with certain expectations. 

There are certain expectations that are seasonal and so tonight we will follow our familiar ritual and climb to the top of tummy mountain where one can see the clear sweep of the bay and the distant ranges on the other side. Upon the other side there is a very tall pine tree and the little ones are certain that this year they will be big enough to climb to the top and catch all the stars they need to decorate it.

Merry Christmas to all of you and your little ones and I hope you have a wonderful new year.




1 comment:

Martha said...

I do miss you when you are away!
And I do hope the little ones catch all the stars they need and more.

Merry Christmas to all on Tummy Mountain!