Wednesday, March 19, 2014

fragments

Often as I spend the day rushing about hither and thither and wonder where the minutes and hours go by I catch a glimpse of the little ones on tummy mountain engaged in some kind of imaginary game that lasts for hours and hours, unfolding and evolving into something wonderful. We are in the same space but operating in two different time zones and I think their time zone is better than mine - it seems more fun and relaxed.

Occasionally fragments and phrases drift from their world into mine - I only hear these bits in isolation - I do not know what these phrases mean in the story that is going on in their heads, but I particularly liked this one;

"Emily hitched up the elephant onto her back...she was very strong...and carried him to the castle..."

No doubt she is strong I thought.

I liked the wee pause as The Small One just had that moment of doubt - perhaps... perhaps she was thinking could Emily really lift up an elephant, and how to continue the game from this impossible scenario.

Impossible scenario?!? - What nonsense!! - There are no impossible scenarios in childhood! The solution is simple; Emily is very strong.

And I think Emily is a pony.

A very strong pony.

2 comments:

Martha said...

"You're beautiful!" I told her.
"I'm Spiderman!" she said.

And than another day-
"My name is Tinkerbelle too, but I'm not a girl," he said.
"Flutter, flutter, flutter... Did you see my sparkles? They look like diamonds, huh?"
"Slow down, slow down." (that's Grandma) but they don't slow down.
"Aubrey, come and flutter with me. Flap your wings, like this. Flap, flap, flap.."
"I need new wings."

TummyMountain said...

ahh..magic fragments!