Thursday, January 16, 2014

stretching and yawning

Now that tummy mountain has woken up from a very long snooze, like waking from a long afternoon nap in the afternoon sun only to find that some small people have taken your socks off and drawn happy faces on your toes, it is time to do some kind of spring cleaning, even though it isn't spring anywhere in the world - except perhaps in the lounge room where everyone is springing up and down on the furniture, and making me lose track of what I am talking about.

Which is some kind of sale at crazy bargain prices guaranteed to induce mania with the kind of loud shouty voices that make you switch station on the radio to hear something soothing instead - yes, that kind of a sale.

Stay tuned to Radio Tummy for more details!

..

4 comments:

Martha said...

It will be spring in my little corner of the world in about 2 months. Now that the "polar vortex" has abated, it can feel like spring. (I do think it's just a teaser though and the snow and cold weather will return with a vengeance to chase us inside and cause us to drink hot chocolate in over-sized cups.)

(I read your sentence about springing on the furniture and glanced up at my picture of "when friends drop in" and smiled. Little ones are often bouncing about on my couches.)

Martha said...

Are you awake yet?

TummyMountain said...

Well I might be still a little sleepy.

Martha said...

I'm a little sleepy too.
Good night.
:0)