Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tales of Wonder

Well it has been a very long time between posts,now, and for a lot of the last year. Hopefully that will change this year as there have been some Very Big Changes for The Little Ones on tummy mountain - more of that later.

Though I did want to write about something that happened to the little ones and I the other day.

We were puttering along in our wee car (whose name is Zippy) when we saw the most amazing rainbow. It was bright and a perfect complete arch. We were trying to get photos of it and I was trying to pull Zippy over in the best spot, when we rounded a corner and there some way ahead of us was The End of The Rainbow. The arch was coming down straight before our eyes a few hundred metres down the road in front of a clump of trees. Not behind anything - there it was - The End of The Rainbow.

I couldn't believe it. We all couldn't believe it. Wee Small began to be excited about finding a pot of gold. We pulled over and tried to take some photos and in that moment it all just dissolved away.

I wished I hadn't of pulled over and had just driven Zippy straight into that rainbow. It is one of those things I will regret forever, yet at the same time we have the amazing memory of seeing The End of the Rainbow!

...

4 comments:

Martha said...

Did you hear Kermit the Frog singing?

humel said...

In my mind, the end of the rainbow reached Zippy, and you, and the little ones, even if you didn't realise you'd reached it.... My family is my gold at the end of the rainbow :)

(Sometimes, though, the gold is buried under several feet of dirt. C'est la vie!)

TummyMountain said...

The Little Ones are indeed the Gold at the End of the Rainbow.

I am not sure that I heard Kermit. Zippy says he heard Fozzie Bear, but Zippy can be a little bit unreliable.

Lizzie said...

The end of any rainbow is in your heart. The Little Ones know this...
Why not paint the Rainbow's End with Little Ones?
It's a great story though!