Sunday, April 22, 2012

appropriate

Wee Small (who is not so small as she use to be, but still, rather small) is learning to read. This doesn't mean that she doesn't like a bedtime story though.

After reading her a bed time story, tucking her in, and putting the light out, I trundled off to continue whatever repetitive meaningless tasks that must be fulfilled daily.

Later on I peeped into her wee room to see her sleeping sweetness. But no! She wasn't asleep! She had a torch and was reading aloud to the cat that was purring on the end of her bed!

I wasn't too surprised the cat was enjoying the story. Wee Small was reading to him "The Cat in the Hat."

7 comments:

Martha said...

:)

I like this story. Sometimes I think I need a flashlight by my bed. Then I could read in the dark too.

The Cat In The Hat is one of my favorites. That and Go, Dog, Go.

TummyMountain said...

I love Horton hears a Who.

"Because a person's a person,
no matter how small"

and Yertle the Turtle!

Martha said...

Horton is a very wise elephant. Just look how he took care of that egg when the Maisy bird flew off and decided not to return!

Martha said...

And those Sneeches turned out to be okay in the end too. :)

TummyMountain said...

Maisy!! Words cannot describe her behaviour!! As opposed to the Sneetches, who saw the error in their ways, that Maisy was selfish to the end!!

Lizzie said...

It sounds as if your cat is as anxious to further his education as Wee Small...
Perhaps you should give her a timer, so she knows for how long she can read to the cat? Our cat used to like The Bedtime Story too - he curled up on the bed to listen. I wonder if he remembers and misses it.... I do...
Well done to Wee Small on learning to read - it makes life a whole lot more interesting!
We liked "10 Minutes til Bedtime", "Q-Pootle 5", "Until I met Dudley" & "The Monster Bed" for "Bedtime Story" and "Two Monsters" & "Not Now Bernard" (both David McKee) for "read to myself (and bedtime story).

TummyMountain said...

I a not sure that our Cat is into anything strenuous - education or otherwise. I will have to have a look and see if he is getting any smarter!

I have not heard of those books. I will have to go and check them out!