Saturday, January 28, 2012

rain

It has been raining on tummy mountain. It has been raining for weeks. The little ones have been spending a lot of time indoors, only going outside so they can track mud back into the house.

During one of the rainy spells Wee Small told me a story in which someone was "unbarrassed."
I can't remember the nature of the story now as I was so taken with the word "unbarrassed."

I am assuming that a person can be embarrassed, and the only way to stop this is to "unbarass" oneself. Which makes me wonder how does one unbarass oneself as quickly as possible. I usually try pointing out the window at something, like the rain, but that never works.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I like this post. I like when little people use new words, even if they are sometimes words I am unfamiliar with. I am quite intrigued with becoming "unbarrassed" as this skill could prove useful.

TummyMountain said...

I agree. We have a few words here that I like, sometimes they are a real word but not the right one, like "inciting" instead of "exciting" - that changes the meaning of just about any sentence to something quite different.