Tuesday, August 2, 2011

...and another thing

Wee Golden had a few more things to say;

"I am saving up for the one thousand dollars," said Wee Golden
"Really," I responded "What are you going to buy?"
"Six houses and a pony."
"Hmmm..." said I, not really sure what to say to that.
"Yes." continued Wee Golden, "I'll give you the pony."
"Why thank you, but where would I keep a pony?"
Wee Golden thought for a moment, had a look around, and then he told me.
"In a gate." he said
"A gate? I want to keep it in the house."
"You can't do that!" said Wee Golden with a look of concern on his wee cherubic face.
"Well why not?" said I.
"Because when you are asleep it will lick your face."

4 comments:

Martha said...

Wee Golden sounds like quite an entertaining child...

(Do you write these events as they happen or are you able to remember them without?)

I don't suppose I would appreciate pony saliva in my face. Perhaps, if should choose to buy a pony, I will keep him in the barn.

TummyMountain said...

He does have a unique perspective. He always surprises me.

I try to write things down as they happen. I don't think I would remember it as well later on. When Wee Small and Dr. Manatee performed the operation on Little Hoot I was writing it down as events unfolded for historical accuracy. Future civilisations may come to depend on the inner truths of tummy mountain, so I undertake this role quite seriously.

I have not had pony saliva in my face either, and I may have to heed Wee Golden's advice to avoid it. Not sure how I would keep the pony ïn the gate" though.

Lizzie said...

Yes, you really have to be careful of those face-licking ponies....

I would build the pony a house of its own.

TummyMountain said...

...or a nice gate to live in