Wednesday, July 6, 2011

stuff

Wee Tiny had lost her wee handbag somewhere. It was full to the brim with her most precious things. We searched everywhere for her handbag.
It was the second time that she had lost it today.
Wee Small found it near the "jumpoline."
I tried to be gentle when I told Wee Tiny "You need to remember not to forget this bag."
Wee Small rushed to Wee Tiny's defense and told me "When you're tiny you don't think about stuff sometimes."

True. Big people don't think about stuff sometimes either.

4 comments:

Ash said...

Can we big people blame it on age-related memory loss??

SO glad Wee Tiny's handbag is back safe and sound. Our 'jumpoline' (love it!) used to look like a clothes horse, before Mum and Dad decided (for safety reasons) to sink it into a big hole so it was at ground level. So, instead of landing on top of people when we jumped off, we could now just take people out like skittles when we flew off the tramp at warp speed.

I really miss it.

Martha said...

Sometimes big people would rather not think about stuff, but then it comes back to wake them up in the middle of the night.

TummyMountain said...

I nearly knocked my tea over laughing. I will not alert the little ones to the warp speed jumpoline skittle game. And the stuff that always wakes me up in the middle of the night is usually the stuff I have forgotten to do.

Ash said...

Yes. I think perhaps that's best.

(Aunty Ash is no longer allowed to share childhood exploits with her wee nieces and nephew, at least not without prior approval from gimlet-eyed sisters.)