Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Understanding of Responsibilities.

We all went on a picnic. The little ones had a lot of fun playing all day in the forest. What a beautiful peaceful place. As the sun went down I called to the little ones and asked them to gather up their shoes.

"I can't get my shoes!" exclaimed Wee Small as though the idea was abdsurd. "They're in the tree house!"

"What tree house?" I asked.

"Well how should I know!" responded Wee Small. She looked at me as though I was crazy.

Clearly she does not need to remember such trivialities as to which tree she has left her shoes in. Obviously this is one of my duties.

I stared at the endless forest, any tree of which could be the tree house. I think the shoes may just have to stay here.

4 comments:

Martha said...

We are, after all, supposed to be responsible...

Perhaps the shoes will make a good nest for some homeless birds or mice?

TummyMountain said...

I will be happy if someone or something gets the use of the shoes. The Little Ones think shoes are silly.

Lizzie said...

The Little Ones are probably right about shoes. However, they can be useful - say, when you find a new pet snail and need somewhere to keep it safe from the birds.

Katie said...

This is why I love children. The logic IS actually sane.