Saturday, March 13, 2010

the cat

One morning I was sitting on the front steps in the sunshine enjoying a hot cup of tea when Wee Tiny wandered up to me to tell me her important news.

"I was talking to the cat and he looks like he understands me." said Wee Tiny

"Does he." I replied "What did you say to him?"

"What did you say?" asked Wee Tiny.

"I said 'what did you say to him?'" I repeated

"Say to who?" wondered Wee Tiny.

"The cat."

"I said he was a very nice cat and he looks like he understands me."

6 comments:

Martha said...

Cats are very wise. They are much wiser than dogs who only pretend to understand.

humel said...

It is very nice to look like you understand. It is not very nice to look like you don't understand when actually you do. I'm so pleased that the cat is a very nice cat.

Jennifer Bohrer said...

It's so great that she can understand that the cat understands her back...yup.

TummyMountain said...

The cat and Wee Tiny seem to understand each other. I wish I could get the same level of understanding when I explain how I don't want all the bath water all over the floor.

humel said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that the cat makes such a mess in the bathroom.

My word verification is 'remop'. Rather fitting.

Tinys and Tea said...

hehe. this reminds me of the cheshire cat in alice in wonderland.