Thursday, February 4, 2010

when one returns

I wandered away from tummy mountain for a couple of nights as the needs and pressures of reality demanded me to do so.

On my return, as I crossed the river and wandered back into the foothills, I could see the little ones playing in a cardboard box. Today the cardboard box was a car. It wasn't moving very far, or at all, but it's occupants were very happy shouting at the top of their lungs' capabilities "DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE... "

They told me they had invented a dee dee car and it ran on dee dee dee, not petrol. Once again the little ones have proved to me that their scientific minds are not limited to forms of energy that one would readily expect for an alternative fuel source.

I left them, in a field, not moving, in a car running on sound.

5 comments:

Martha said...

The dee dee car sounds like oh, so much fun! Is there a dee dee house to go along with it?

PaperOnParade said...

Hello! Just wanted you to know I've given you the blogger Sunshine award! Please take a look...
http://paperonparade.blogspot.com/2010/02/blogger-sunshine-award.html

humel said...

That pesky reality does tend to intrude at times. So pleased to hear that the dee dee car is unaffected by such limitations :-)

TummyMountain said...

Hi Martha, Paper, and Humel,

Fortunately for me there is no dee dee house. If there was a dee dee house it would have to be far far away where I could not hear it.

The little ones can always do with some more sunshine when running around.

The little ones always make sure that reality does not affect any of their inventions.

TummyMountain said...

...though I do find the reality of some of their inventions affect me, particularly in the cleaning up part of inventing...