Thursday, January 7, 2010

all quiet on tummy mountain.

It is the quiet and calm of January on tummy mountain. The cicadas are deafening, yet despite their perpetual chorus, the little ones have been in a post-Christmas trance like state. During one of these lazy sleepy afternoons the little ones found a chess set in a cupboard.

They drag it out and have me set it all up for them so they could play. I think maybe the pieces fascinate them. What can I say? What can I do? They are just too little to play chess, but I do not want to disappoint them. Wee Small is very direct, very matter of fact. She wants to know the rules.

"Right" says Wee Small "Where's the finish line!"

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Wee Small is a very wise person. I too would like to know the answer to that question.

Martha said...

I also find chess pieces fascinating.

No cicadas here, instead the snow is deep and white.

humel said...

The Boy and The Doctor are having a chess marathon since Santa brought a beautifully gorgeous board to go with the beautifully gorgeous pieces we already had. I too would like to know where the finishing line is. It appears to be at least 2 months away.

TummyMountain said...

Hi Everyone,

It seems that the answer is " at least two months away" - a very handy answer to know.

I wish there was snow for the little ones to play in.