Saturday, December 12, 2009

dragonfly

A dragonfly flew into the house today. Such a brilliant iridescent blue.



Yet it's spectacular colouring wasn't the source of pleasure for The Cat - as it pounced on the wee dragonfly.

The Little One, being the eldest, rescued the dragonfly. It hopped on the end of her finger and sat there all secure and happy as she took it outside. She told me the dragonfly's name was "Drenina." The Little One has a way with wee insects.

A huge wasp flew in later on. It was at least an inch and a half long. None of the little ones would go near it. I did what I normally do; caught the thing in a tea towel and took it outside where it buzzed annoyedly around my head for a bit before flying off.

"One of these days I am going to be stung by one of those wasps." I said.
"How do you know that?" asked Wee Tiny "Can you see the
future?"

No comments: