Thursday, June 11, 2009

misunderstandings.

It was the Queen's birthday weekend in the land where tummymountain is. This meant it was a holiday for lots of people. On tummymountain life is just about a permanent holiday for the little ones and they continued on as always - dressing up as bumble bees, talking with grasshoppers, etc.

"The real Queen?' asked Wee Tiny
"Yes, the real Queen," I replied.

Wee Tiny had to consider this for a second, and then ask me again as my answer had been a bit obscure and I had left out vital bits of information that would make it make sense.

"Really, the real Queen?" asked Wee Tiny again.
"Yes, the real Queen," I replied. Again.

And off she ran to jump up and down like frogs.

I noticed, as one does, over the course of the day that Wee Tiny was a little subdued. I asked her if anything was wrong and she told me that there was. She was very worried about going to the Queen's birthday party because she would be a bit shy in front of the Queen.

"Oh little one." I said and picked her up and brought her up high "We're not invited. We're not going to her birthday party."

Needless to say there was a little bit more spring in her frog jumps after that was all cleared up.

for clarification purposes only

No comments: