Thursday, November 13, 2008

yellow balloons

Wee Small and the Tiny One are both in agreement, which in itself is a wonderful thing. Their favourite colour is “lellow.”

They also love balloons, but this is a topic of contention. You see, Wee Small loves “aa-lloons” whereas The Tiny One loves “BOONS.”

I thought to myself “what an odd word ‘boon’”

I felt strangely compelled. I could feel it had an attraction either to me or in some way this place, Tummy Mountain. It was time to look in the big books. The little ones climbed to the highest shelf and knocked the largest dustiest book onto the floor. I blew the dust off the cover to reveal its title, Wikipedia, and we flipped to the relevant page to learn;

“Boon is also a common Chinese name derived from the Chinese Character 'Wen', meaning honest and kind, giant Chinese pandas”

Honest and kind giant Chinese Pandas!

Not just honest and kind, but also giant!

The little ones have rushed outside to find some honest and kind giant Chinese pandas.

No comments: